VistaNational Insurance Group, Inc.
Privacy and Security Policy
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, initiate a medical bill audit, agree to allow a [VistaNational Business Associate] to process a medical bill appeal, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When registering on our site by creating a new account, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or Personal Health Information (“PHI”).
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To deliver our services to you
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the requested product or service.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Compliance
The services provided by VistaNational or one of its Business Associates often times requires the use, collection, and disclosure of PHI. We wish to set forth our understanding with regard to the use and disclosure of PHI the performance of the services we provide.
By using our site, or our mobile applications, you grant VistaNational permission to use, disclose, and request from third parties PHI on behalf of you or an organized health care arrangement in which you are a member in or affiliated with in order to:
- Perform or assist in performing a function or activity regulated by the HIPAA Privacy or Security Rules, including, but not limited to, claims processing or administration, data analysis, utilization review, quality assurance, billing, benefit management, practice management, repricing, renewal or replacement of a contract, conducting planning-related analysis related to managing the employee benefit plans, and customer service.
- Assist those retained to provide legal advice, accounting, actuarial, consulting, data aggregation, management, administration, accreditation, or financial services to the you or to an organized health care arrangement in which the you participate.
- Allow our Business Associates to properly manage and administer the Business Associate’s organization or to carry out the legal responsibilities of the Business Associate.
- Perform functions, activities, or services for, or on behalf of, you as specified above, except as otherwise limited by this Agreement or if such use or disclosure would violate the HIPAA Privacy or Security Rules if done by you.
We acknowledge that the requirements of 45 C.F.R. Sections 164.308, 164.310 and 164.312 applicable to such administrative, physical and technical safeguards.
VistaNational Insurance Group, Inc.
1301 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523